New website up
After a long time working with my own custom joomla version, I decided its time to give it a slight overall
(Especially for working with bigger resolutions

Please be aware that some old stuff is still missing until
I shift all stuff to the new server








     


No Christmas song

Wish you all a Merry Christmas 2023 and a happy new year 2024 !!!

Short making of if someones interested:

Most of the basic modeling was done during the last year (most of the pit and the Astronaut) . I wanted to refine it,
to be more photorealistic, but I neglected the scene for a long time. On the 23th the idea poped up to make it a christmas video, so I decided to see if this is possible. So this project is a bit of a rushed 2 day project


So I did some further modeling on the landscape, added some elements in the
excavation pit and some minor elements on the suit. I would have liked to make
it more detailed (and I will in future), but for now I had to stop to save time.

Texturing was done in substance painter.

The tree is from the evermotion collection, since I wanted to save time on modeling (would have done it in ngplant if I had the time).
Ornament is basic instanced geometry.

Lighting is done with the light elements in the scene and 3 quads. (Two for background 1 for Foreground)

The excavation pit from a different perspective. The colors are based on the behind the scene
photos of that pit. Color shift to red to match the movie output was done in Resolve


wireframe view of the pit. Landscape was done with dyntopo mostly in camera view

For animation I took the collapsed mesh into accu rig and added some basic dance animations in iclone I found in their library to the mesh.

Rexported it, and deatached the riggid elements wich were then parented directly to the bone.


The astronaut. Backpack is not detailed (yet) as the tubing to it is missing.
The connection rings need also some love. Suit can be subdivided but I didn't do it
to keep render time low.

Rendered out the elements, and put them together into resolve where
I also graded the individual elements and the overall look. Was my first project where I actually used the
resolve timeline for compositing.

Maybe I revisit the scene, maybe not. Was a bit rushed to the end, of this 2 day (plus before) project.